Our recording studio features the usual two-room layout – the live room, where the performance happens, and the control room, where the mixing and capturing happens.
The recording process typically involves the following stages:
• Set-up (getting you and the equipment ready for the session)
• Recording (which usually involves multiple takes)
• The Rough Mix (so you can get a feel for how each track will sound)
If you’re happy, the session usually ends there, leaving us to do the final stages of mixing and mastering your tracks.
What We Do
about the StudioPlease click on the items below for more information on the recording studio
When you arrive at the studio, the first room you will enter is the control room (12.8sqm), which doubles up as a waiting room, complete with a sofa, refreshments and free WIFI. Through the door is the acoustically treated live room (11.3sqm). A large acoustic window separates the two rooms.
• Studiocraft LX7ii 32 Channel Analogue Desk
• Cymatic uTrack 24 Channel Multi-Track Recorder
• Behringer X32 Rack (For mixing the live room)
• Pair of KRK Rokit RP5 G3’s (For Tracking)
• Pair of Adam A8X’s (For Mixing and mastering)
• Avatone Mixcube (For mix checking)
• Presonus Studio One 4 DAW
• Tascam US2400 and Behringer X-touch DAW Controllers
• 24-channel XLR snake (leads to Live Room)
• Large Diaphragm Consender Mic’s: 2x AKG C214 and 1x Shure PG42
• Pencil Condenser Mic’s: 2x Rode NT5, 2x AKG P17 and 2x Behringer ECM8000
• Dynamic Mic’s: 4x Shure SM58, 4x Shure SM57 and 1x Sennheiser e845
• Ribbon Mic’s: 1x S-Electronics X1R
• Fender Twin Reverb Amp
• A range of Tone City Guitar Pedals
• Boss GT-1000 multi-effect pedal
• Shure SRH440 Headphones
• Electrovoice ELX112 Passive Speakers
• Plenty of DI boxes, cables, Mic stands and music stands
• Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano
• Roland Juno DS61 Synthesizer
• Roland TD25K V-Drum Kit
• Fender US Stratocaster
• Ibanez GRS200 Bass
• Yamaha CPX-700 II Acoustic Guitar
We also have a wide variety of VST Instruments:
• Sampled Instruments such as Toontrack’s Superior Drummer and Spectrasonics’ Keyscape
• Synthesizers such as Native Instruments’ Massive and Arturia’s Pigments
Much of our audio set up is portable, allowing us to mic up and record live bands (including full drum kit). We can capture up to 16-channels in separate tracks, allowing precise mixing after the event. We can also do the mixing for you, if preferred.
Our recording rates including the hire of all equipment and having a technician working with you throughout your session. The day rate is for 12-hours.
Mix & Master / Track
Meet the Team
Phin set up the music studio in 1994, focusing on tuition, composition, and recording. He heads up the tuition side of the studio and is often to be found on the live side of the glass and gigging with local bands.
David joined the studio following completion of his BTEC in media. He has worked as a sound engineer and audio editor since 2013. He heads up the recording and rehearsal side of the studio and runs the desk for most sessions.
Click on the images below to enlarge them
What People Say
All the sessions were relaxed, but professional … The finished audiobook sounds excellent – clean and well edited. Great!
N J – Voiceover Artist
The live recording went better than we could have imagined, especially considering how tight we were for space. The mix is spot on.
T Cooper – The Coopers
Very nice to meet with you yesterday. Many thanks for the recording for the video – I think you have done an excellent job.
J Warner – Actor
Either fill in the form below or call us on 01420 375370
For bookings, we ask that you read through and sign our Terms and Conditions.